- A 500 megawatt (MW) photovoltaic (PV) solar power generation facility in Butler County, Kansas that will turn energy from the sun’s rays into clean, economical and emission-free electricity for up to 125,000 homes.
- Planned to be built four miles north of El Dorado, Kansas. It is expected to sit on approximately 3,500 acres, though the actual acreage covered by panels will be much smaller.
- $550 million privately funded infrastructure improvement.
- The project will use panels that tilt to follow the sun, ensuring the project is generating the maximum amount of energy each day.
- Operation is quiet with no pollution and infrequent site activity once built.
- The site will be surrounded by a wildlife-friendly perimeter fence and tree buffers to block most lines of sight, in accordance with the county solar ordinance.
Power Generation500 MW
in southeastern Kansas
Community Benefit$93.9 M
Community and Environmental Benefits
Hecate Energy believes in establishing beneficial, collaborative partnerships with communities that host our projects. By working closely with local stakeholders, we can tailor projects to maximize benefits and reduce impact.
El Dorado Solar will provide long-term, sustainable revenue to support local and regional projects and services.
The solar-powered electricity generated will offset conventional emission producing sources, contributing to improved air quality and combatting climate change
El Dorado Solar’s investment will result in nearly $84 million in area economic stimulus including jobs created during construction and operations